The below Limited Warranty / Adjustment Policy (“Policy”) is a commitment of tyre replacement under certain specified conditions as provided below:
This Warranty Policy applies to all Maxam radial agricultural tyres as specified below and does not require the existence of a defect to be considered eligible for an adjustment.
Table 1: Maxam Agricultural Tyre Warranty product coverage
Please note: The above Warranty coverage is not intended for tyres that become unserviceable due to intentional neglect or abuse.
A. Product Eligibility:
All Maxam Brand – Radial Agricultural Tyres manufactured and/or sold after January 1, 2018 and distributed by Maxam Tyre as identified by the identification code and production date.
This Policy applies to either the Original Owner or the User of the Tyres or the original purchaser of the agricultural equipment mounted with the Tyres (“Customer”).
The Maxam Agricultural Products Covered by this warranty policy are as belonging to the family of products: Agrixtra 85, Agrixtra 70, Agrixtra 65, Agrixtra XL, Agrixtra H, Agrixtra N, & Flotxtra.
B. Statute of Limitations (Eligibility):
Warranty coverage is for a maximum period of eight years (96 months) from the date of purchase or no more than eight years (96 months) from the date of manufacture if purchase invoice is not provided.
Tyres must have at least 5/32” (4mm) of remaining tread depth. Maxam Agricultural Tyres Free Replacement Policy:
- First Two Years (24 months) and within 25% tread wear.
- Service Allowance for tyres covered under Free Replacement Policy:
- Flat service fee reimbursement of $75.00 USD per tyre
- Labour allowance of $1.25 USD per 10mm of tyre width (e.g. 480/80R42 = $60 USD)
- Disposal allowance of $.09 USD per lb (e.g. 480/80R42 @ 344lb = $30.96 USD)
Beyond Year 2 or 25% wear, credit will be pro-rated based on remaining tread depth up to a maximum credit amount as indicated in Table 1.
C. Field Hazard and Stubble Damage Coverage.
The Field Hazard and Stubble Damage coverage is for a maximum period of four years (48 months) from the date of purchase, or no more than four years (48 months) from the date of manufacture if purchase invoice is not provided, with the cost coverage as detailed in Table 1.
For Tyres acquired as part of original equipment acquisition a copy of the equipment purchase invoice must be provided.
Stubble damage caused by penetrations are not covered by the stubble damage warranty. For the tyres to be considered eligible for a stubble damage claim, a mechanical system or device must be mounted on the vehicle capable of “pushing” down the stubble stalks ahead of the tyres contacting the surface or soil. Claims will need proof of such device to substantiate the claim.
The Tyre claimed must be completely unserviceable and not repairable. Maxam will not provide any reimbursements for mounting or other service charges of any kind (such as liquid ballasting or other type of tyre fill).
Any stubble damage claims will be based on Maxam’s evaluation of the fulfillment of the customer’s obligations for stubble damage coverage as provided.
For claims that are accepted for tyres that are unserviceable or not reparable due to a field hazard or approved stubble damage, the Customer will receive a replacement credit towards the purchase of a Replacement Tyre equal to the value provide below or in Table 1 above:
- Remaining Allowance Summary for Stubble Damage or Field Hazard:
- If a Tyre’s length of service cannot be correctly determined, the credit will be based upon the production date of the Tyre and remaining tread depth per the above table.
- The Tyre replacement credit will be paid out based on the above table and within the specific time by multiplying the servicing dealer’s regular buying price (excluding tax) by the above approved percentage at the time of the tyre replacement claim being processed.
D. Customer’s Responsibility:
Qualification for application of the Maxam Stubble Damage Warranty requires Customer responsibility for the use and employment of common Agricultural operating practices designed to reduce and/or mitigate the possible causes of stubble damage as provided below:
- Ensure the first tillage pass is parallel to the planting rows to avoid direct contact with the remaining stubble.
- Employ the use of mechanical or fixed devices designed to push down stubble or stalks before contacting the Tyres.
E. Non-Adjustable Conditions:
- Premature tread wearout, overloading, under inflation, exceeding tyre speed or load capabilities.
- Tyre damage from improper mounting, demounting, damaged rim, rim slip, or imbalance.
- Chain damage, improper storage, improper repairs, sealants, balance or filler material.
- Petroleum damage, extreme temperature exposure, mechanical damage, spinning.
- Use in logging or industrial operations.
- Fire, accident, theft, vandalism, or abuse.
- Tyres in service for longer than eight years (96 months).
- Damages caused to tyres during shipping or transport by third party carriers.
F. Land-Levelling or Scraping Application:
This limited warranty applies to conditions in workmanship and materials used on land-levelling or Scraping as provided below:
Maxam Tyres covered under this policy: Agrixtra 85, Agrixtra 70, Agrixtra 65, & Agrixtra XL
This limited warranty does not cover tyres that are removed from service due to the following conditions:
- Unserviceable from poor maintenance or improper use.
- Tyre failure due to overload.
- Tyre failure due to operating with full power at speeds under 5 mph (8.0 km/h).
- Rim slip or bead leakage due to undersized rims, deteriorated rims, or mis-mounting.
- Lug tearing or deterioration due to excessive cutting.
- Tyre failure due to the use of incorrect inflation pressure.
Maxam Recommended Scraping Tractors Tyre Set Up:
- Tyre size must be equal to or greater than the minimum required to transmit the full power of the tractor. Tyre size must be an OEM approved tyre combination for the tractor.
- Use the OEM’s recommended tyre sizes for scraper operations or apply the following rule:The maximum load per tyre at full weight capacity considering maximum tractor speed, must be greater than the maximum load expected on any tyre at any given time during the land levelling or scraping operation.
- Single or triple tyre configurations are not recommended for Scraping or Land Levelling (only exception are single tyres mounted on the front axle of MFWD tractors).
- Tyres used as duals must have their tyre load weight limit reduced or adjusted by 12%.
- 4WD tractors should use vehicle weights (in lieu of tyre ballast) so that 70% or more of thetotal static weight of the tractor is on the front axle without the scraper attachment.
- For 4WD Tractors the use of ballast in the rear axle is NOT recommended. Liquid fill is notrecommended for use as ballast and has adverse effects on tyre life.
- MFWD Tractors should use the maximum amount of cast weight recommended by the OEMto ballast the front axle. Use the tractor OEM’s technical recommendation for rear axleballast.
- In all cases set the cold inflation air pressure based on the tractor’s maximum speed andload to the Maxam Tyre Pressure table by size. If possible, the front axle of the tractor should be weighed without the scraper attachment.
G. Adjustment Policy – General Exclusions:
Any Maxam Agricultural tyres in service for longer than 8 years (96 months) from their date of purchase or service are not covered by the Policy.
Tyres with less than 5/32” (4mm) remaining tread depth are not eligible for credit.
In any case where the date of purchase cannot be confirmed, the tyre’s date of manufacture will be applied as the reference point for any warranty coverage.
No Maxam employee, retailer, dealer, or wholesaler has the authority to make any policy changes to this warranty, nor make any promises or agreement on behalf of Maxam except as provided by this policy.
Tyre or tread wear out is not covered by this Warranty Policy as customer equipment, use, and driver habits are outside the scope of this policy. In addition, Maxam does not warrant the tyres for a pre-determined length of service unless specified in writing as a commercial guarantee.
The warranty policy is only applicable to Maxam agricultural tyres purchased through Maxam Tyre North America or Maxam International dealers and customers.
H. Customer Limitation of Remedy:
Maxam Tyre disclaims liability for all Consequential and/or Incidental damages in the use of Maxam Agricultural Tyres.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to each Customer. This Policy gives the Customer certain rights, and the Customer may also employ other rights, which vary from state to state or province to province.
I. Manufacturer ’s Obligations to the Customer:
Any Maxam Agricultural Tyre, Maxam OTR tyre dealer, or equipment dealer is authorized to handle the processing of a Maxam warranty adjustment.
Maxam Tyre will replace any tyres that meet the criteria as outlined by the terms of this Policy.
J. Customer’s Obligations:
To place a claim for any Maxam Agricultural tyres, the Customer must present the claim to any Maxam authorized representative.
Using the Maxam Agricultural Claim form, the requested claim must be signed by the Customer or the Dealer as his representative and include the dealer replacement sales receipt for any replacement tyres.
The Customer is fully responsible for the payment of all applicable state or provincial taxes, the demounting / mounting and balancing of all tyres to include the vehicle alignment, tyre repair, valve or valve stem replacement, any towing or required road service provided.
The Customer will make any claimed Tyre available for inspection or will coordinate with Maxam for return shipment to Maxam upon request. If return shipment is requested, Maxam will bear all shipping costs and provide Return Goods Authorization and arrange pickup.
Maxam will respond to the Customer within 30 days of a claim if a request is not made for the return of the tyre. If a request is made for the return of the tyre, Maxam will respond to the customer within 30 days of receiving the returned tyre.